Where has the time gone? August flew right by and, with it, the summer. Chris and I had some kind of planned activity every weekend for the last two months (or so it seemed, I am finding it hard to remember some details!). There is a lot to be said for keeping busy but not enough said about relaxing and taking time for you. I am so glad to be back in a routine and able to plan some meals and share them with you all!
My goal for Crossed Forks is to eventually build up a content buffer so I don’t go radio (or blog?) silent for months at a time. We’ll see how that turns out, but for now, thank you for your patience as I was completely AWOL.
Now, on to the meal planning!
- Sunday, September 25: I recently found out about the subreddit 52 Weeks of Cooking. Each week the leader posts an ingredient, technique, or cuisine challenge for followers to attempt. Sounds right up my alley! This week’s challenge is “steakhouse,” so I’m making some sirloin steaks, smashed potatoes, and my secret recipe creamed spinach. Although the secret creamed spinach won’t be secret for long, as I’m planning that as my next post!
- Monday, September 26: Speaking of 52 Weeks of Cooking, I recently found out about the Nigerian street food suya from one of their recent challenges. It sounds delicious so I’ll try my hand at it.
- Tuesday, September 27: Weekly friend dinner! I can’t tell you how good it is for my soul to know at least one night in the middle of the week I am off the hook for dinner.
- Wednesday, September 28: We may or may not be going to a concert this evening, so I picked something light and easy to either make or not. This Mediterranean salad includes all of my favorite things.
- Thursday, September 29: Oh man, how long has it been since I’ve had pierogi? Too long. I’m going to attempt to make mine from scratch following this recipe. If it doesn’t work, I’ll at least have mashed potatoes!
- Friday, September 30: I have had the craving for tomatoes and feta for like a solid week. Let’s hope I can hold out until Friday for these baked shrimp in tomato-feta sauce.
- Saturday, October 1: How is the first of October even possible right now? Oh well, I’ll accept it if it means we can start eating stick-to-your-ribs comfort food like chili and this Cuban arroz con pollo.
That’s it for this week! Let me know about your weekly plans in the comments.