I promise I’m going to get around to posting some recipes I’ve been working on (check in on Wednesday!), as well as some other stuff I have up my sleeve. But for now, we are still talking meal planning!
I’m borrowing this great idea from my friend Emily who blogs at Not So Picky Eaters. Y’all know how nutty I am about my weekly spreadsheet, so why not follow along in this condensed list version?
- Sunday, June 12: Whoops! We ate a really late lunch out and therefore I wasn’t hungry or in the mood to cook. Instead we had graham cracker milkshakes (me) and cereal (Chris) for dinner.
- Monday, June 13: I have felt the need, the need for greens lately. The Creamy Mexican Kale Salad from iFoodReal is one of my all-time favorites. Perfect on a hot day!
- Tuesday, June 14: I have never seen a halal cart, nor do I really know what the food tastes like. I’m looking forward to trying this recipe for Halal-Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce from Serious Eats.
- Wednesday, June 15: You’ll find me at Brookhaven Food Truck Nights! Can’t wait to see what kind of deliciousness is there this week.
- Thursday, June 16: Cheese, polenta, tomatoes, and more cheese, what can possibly go wrong with this recipe from Pinch of Yum?
- Friday, June 17: Another Pinch of Yum recipe? This one for Rainbow Pad Thai has me salivating already.
- Saturday, June 18: You know how my randomizer sometimes pairs cuisine and meal types I never would have thought of? Well this week, it came back with red meat – Indian. I searched for a recipe and found these fusion Lamb Vindaloo Tacos with Cucumber Raita from No Recipes. Chris actually kissed me in the grocery store when I told him what I was making.
That’s this week: a veggie-heavy rotation with a bit of excitement thrown in at the end. I’m curious to see your weekly plans, link up with me in the comments!